The ADA and AHPPC have eased the treatment restrictions from Level 3 to Level 2 on 21st April 2020. We have recommenced clinical procedures from 1st May.
Services that can be performed under Level 2 Restrictions.
Provision of dental treatments that are unlikely to generate aerosols
or where aerosols generated has the presence of minimal
saliva/blood due to the use of a rubber dam. This includes:
- Simple non-invasive fillings without the use of high-speed
- Restorative procedures using high-speed handpieces only
provided with the use of rubber dam
- Non-surgical extractions
- Hand scaling (no use of ultrasonic scalers)
- Medical management of soft tissue presentations (such as
- Temporomandibular dysfunction management
- Denture procedures
- Preventative procedures such as the application of topical
remineralising agents e.g. fluoride
- Orthodontic treatment
Services that are restricted/defer under Level 2 Restrictions.
Defer all treatments that are likely to generate aerosols which may include the use of
- high-speed handpieces without the use of rubber dam
- ultrasonic scalers
- surgical handpieces
All surgical extractions should be referred to specialist oral surgeons/oral and maxillofacial surgeons who will undertake these procedures using
Elective implant dental treatment should be delayed.
Urgent dental treatment for people who DO meet epidemiological or clinical
symptom criteria for COVID-19 risk or confirmed as a COVID-19 case, provided as per ADA Managing COVID-19 Guidelines.
Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to resuming our usual professional and gentle dental care for you.
The entire team at Leichhardt Dental Surgery